Gongs for charity
The New Year's Honours List (Wikipedia definition) was published this morning. I started listing all the awards to do with charitable works then realised it would take me all morning - which in itself was a heartening discovery.
Here are the most obvious ones (the entire list, with many more, is here). Does anyone know which are definitely deserved... or not?
- George Gordon EDINGTON - Chair, N.C.H. For services to Children.
- Brigid, Lady CROFTON - Lately Trustee and Vice-Chair, UNICEF UK. For services to Children and Families Overseas.
- The Reverend Canon Patricia Anne ATKINSON - For services to Street Children in South
- Mary Elizabeth, Mrs MARSH - Director and Chief Executive, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. For services to Families and Children
- Ms Nina Lizette BAROUGH - Founder and Chief Executive, Walk the Walk Worldwide (Breast Cancer Charity). For services to Healthcare.
- Michael David William GOOLEY - Chair, Trailfinders Travel Agency. For services to the Travel Industry and to Charity.
- Robert Lawrence BANNER - Chair, Rethink Charity. For services to Mental Health.
- Jennifer Susan, Mrs BYERS - Lately Executive Director, Donor Services, Charities Aid Foundation. For services to Charity.
- Garth Michael GUTHRIE - For services to Charity.
- Dr David Gerald HESSAYON - For services to Gardening and to Charity.
- Joseph LISTON - Chief Executive, Jersey Electricity Company. For services to the Electrical Industry and to Charity.
- Alan David BLAIR - Chief Executive, Wessex Heartbeat Charity. For charitable services in Hampshire.
- Irene Helen, Mrs CALLAGHAN - For services to Nursing and to Charity in Angus.
- Paul John FLETCHER - For services to Sport and to Charity.
- Ms June Kunadu SARPONG - For services to Broadcasting and to Charity.
- Leslie VINCE - For services to the Marfan Trust Charity.
- Patricia Eleanor, Mrs WALLS - Chair, Cats Protection Charity. For services to Animal Welfare.
- William Hugh YATES - Lately Deputy Chair, Suzy Lamplugh Trust. For services to Charity.